Jerk Chicken Tarifi
Jerk Chicken Nasıl Yapılır?
- 6 to 8 green onions, diced
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 2 to 4 scotch bonnet peppers or jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- Place all ingredients except chicken in a food processor fitted
- with a metal blade. Process for 10 to 15 seconds at high speed. Place the chicken in a bowl and pour the marinade over it. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat grill until coals are gray to white.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and drain off any excess liquid. Place on the oiled grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is white in the center. Serve the chicken with fried plantains, pumpkin rice with kale, and steamed
- Jerk chicken can also be baked in the oven. Pour the jerk marinade over chicken pieces (4 drum, 4 thigh) and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning after 3 hours. Remove the chicken pieces and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until meat pulls easily away from the bone. Bake 30 to 40 minutes if using chicken breast strips.
Yayınlanma Tarihi: 13 Nisan 2011